1. Why is American Surgical Assistants the Full Service Solution?
American Surgical Assistants is the leading surgical assistant professional services company in the industry. All of our assistants are certified or licensed skilled professionals with a variety of backgrounds in the medical field. American Surgical Assistants takes care of all the logistical work for surgical assistants giving them the ability to focus on what they do best – assisting you.
2. I Am a Specialized Surgeon; Do You Have An Assistant to Meet My Needs?
Yes! Because our assistants have a diverse skill set,we provide staffing for a variety of services,such as:
- General surgery
- Bariatric and weight control related surgery
- Robotic-assisted surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology, including laparoscopic procedures
- Vascular and peripheral vascular surgery
- Cardiovascular surgery, including endoscopic vein harvesting
- Orthopedic surgery, including total joint replacements,arthroscopic joint surgery, etc.
- Spine surgery including minimally invasive procedures
- Neurosurgery, both central and peripheral
- Plastic (cosmetic) and reconstructive surgery
3. What Are the Basic Qualifications Your Surgical Assistants Have?
Surgical assistants are certified through one of the national certifying bodies: National Surgical Assistant Association (NSAA), American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA), or the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA). The certifications that can be obtained through these bodies are the CSA, SA-C, or the CSFA respectively. Nurses may be certified as an RNFA or a CRNFA.
We work with the facilities to ensure all of our Surgical Assistants are properly credentialed prior to assisting in surgical procedures. We also assist with the ongoing renewal of credentials at facilities as needed.